Dear parents, students and families,
(Some minor amendments have been made regarding our operations from 4/6 – 10/6, please see below. The amendments have been underlined for ease of reading).
As you may be aware the State Government have announced a 7 day extension to current restrictions with some variation for different year levels.
The College also has a staff professional learning day (pupil free day) scheduled for Friday 11th June – this will remain the case, no classes (in any form) will be operating on this day.
The most important details for our school community is as follows:
- Years 7-10 students will remain in remote and flexible learning until (and including) Thursday 10th Period 5 classes will be reinstated starting Monday 7/6. This has been done to allow for the completion of student Common Assessment Tasks (CAT’s)
- Years 11 and 12 will be returning to on site classes from Friday 4thof June. This will include all VCE, VCAL and VET subjects. Year 11 examinations will now commence on Monday 7th June and finish on Thursday 10th of June. The current plan is that these will remain in place with some minor adjustments to scheduling. These details will be shared with students and families prior to the return on Friday 4th of June.
- The GAT has been postponed by VCAA and will not occur as intended on Wednesday 9th June. A new date is yet to be determined.
- The College has a pre scheduled student free day for staff professional learning on Friday 11th. This will remain in place so there will be no on site or remote classes on Friday 11thJune.
- Monday 14thJune is a public holiday (Queen’s Birthday)
- It is expected that all students will be returning to on site classes at the College on Tuesday 15th (I have been informed that the return date to on site classes may change due to daily updates relating to the pandemic)
- The expectations regarding face coverings will remain in place until further notice.
- The College will remain accessible for students who require supervision during school hours. To access this parents will need to complete an application form from the front office or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. These forms need to be completed at least 48hrs prior to the date requested for onsite attendance.
- IT support remains accessible via email@example.com
- All students can access the College between the hours of 9am and 12pm via the front office.
- I will keep you informed as the situation develops.
Thanks again for your patience and support.