The Victorian Government has announced an update to the easing of restrictions that will come into effect at 11:59pm on Thursday 10 June:
- Face masks will continue to be required outdoors in metropolitan Melbourne until further notice
New health advice for face masks in schools:
- School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must always wear a face mask at school (both indoors and outdoors), including when attending an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program, unless a lawful exception applies
- Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school are not required to wear face masks when at school, or when attending an OSHC program
- For communication purposes, teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can
- Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older when travelling to and from school on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles.