Applications are now open for a scholarship supporting Year 10 students facing economic, family or social challenges that impact their studies or capacity to achieve their tertiary pathway. The three-year Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) Accelerate Scholarship program provides students with a dedicated corporate mentor and financial support.
This includes time with the mentor to help set goals and develop valuable workplace skills and $7000 in financial assistance over a three-year period.
Students can spend the financial assistance on study materials, education costs and transport.
All Year 10 students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
Students must also meet two out of the three categories to be eligible:
- demonstrated commitment and high engagement in academic schoolwork
- demonstrated responsibility and organisation as a leader at school or in extra-curricular activities
- demonstrated commitment and dedication to community service and sports, including those in need and their extended family unit or team.
How to apply
Interested students should speak to their teacher about the application process and their eligibility.
As part of the application, students must submit a short essay addressing the topic ‘The difference this ABCN scholarship will make to my life and the community around me’, and include the following responses:
- the benefits of having a mentor
- what the student would use the scholarship funds for
- the impact they would have in their community.
The application must be submitted by the principal on behalf of the student.
Applications close Friday 20 August.
Scholarship recipients will be informed in October 2021.