Academic Excellence Program 2023
Registrations are now open for current year 6 students to join our Academic Excellence Program in 2023. This program offers engaged learners a more challenging and diverse curriculum designed to enhance their critical thinking, problem-solving and creative skills by building a learning culture wherein like-minded students learn from and challenge each other.
At Cranbourne Secondary College, we recognise that students demonstrating a strong academic potential learn better when they are surrounded by like-minded peers. Such students need to be given regular opportunities to go beyond surface-level knowledge and develop their critical thinking, problem-solving and creative skills. Our Academic Excellence Program offers engaged learners a more challenging and diverse curriculum designed to enhance these skills.
To be the school of choice in the local area for those students demonstrating a strong academic potential.
Purpose of the program
- To offer a challenging academic program for students in order to extend their learning
- To provide more focus on deep learning. This includes providing work that targets the students’ critical and creative thinking skills, problem-solving skills and inquiry skills
- To build a learning culture wherein like-minded students learn from and challenge each other
Application process for students
- Parents wishing to apply for the program on behalf of their child must register to sit an entrance exam. A payment of $50 is required to sit the test
- Students sit the entrance exam
- The College will review the exam results and applicants will be either shortlisted for an interview or contacted in writing if unsuccessful
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview at the College with the Academic Excellence Coordinator. Students will be required to bring their latest school report and Grade 5 NAPLAN results, along with any other material that may enhance their application for the program. Please note that a parent/guardian must be present at the interview
- Friday 14 October 2022 – Online registrations for the Academic Excellence Program open
- Wednesday 9 November 2022– Online registrations for the Academic Excellence Program close
- Wednesday 16 November 2022 – Entrance Exam for the Academic Excellence Program
- TBC – Interviews conducted for shortlisted applicants.
Register for the 2023 Academic Excellence Program