Child Safety & Protection
From August 2016 Ministerial Order No. 870 came into force. All schools are included in this order which establishes zero tolerance to child abuse.
The school’s commitment to the community is to develop respectful, responsible and safe learners with a vision based on the holistic education of our students. We seek to ensure that all students reach their academic, social and emotional potential, within the school’s Positive Behaviour Support framework. The school has received blue level recognition for its development of this framework.
The school takes its responsibility seriously to provide protection and support from bullying, child abuse and sexual assault. It also responds appropriately to abuse, neglect or sexual assault. All staff abide by mandatory reporting requirements and police protocols. The school provides access to counselling support, pro-active school programs and support units and agencies in the community as appropriate.
Related Child Safe Policy
Child Safe Support documentation and Fact Sheets (See related downloads below):
- Four Critical Actions – Responding to Child Abuse
- Four Critical Actions – Student’s Offending
- Protect Poster – It’s everyone’s responsibility
- Secondary Student Child Safe Fact Sheet
- Secondary Student Identifying Fact sheet
- Parent Protecting Fact Sheet
- Parent Identifying Fact Sheet
- Parent Preventing Fact Sheet
- Parent Responding Fact Sheet
- Arabic for Parents and Carers Protecting children from abuse
- Dari for Parents and Carers Protecting children from abuse