Microsoft 365 – Information for Parents & Guardians
Download the Office 365 – Information Pack for Parents Guide
This guidance is for parents and guardians of students who are using the Department of Education and Training, Victoria (known as VIC DET) provisioned Microsoft 365 platform. In this document, please find information on:
- Privacy information and personal data collection.
- Microsoft 365 Products.
What is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 provides learning tools that enable collaboration. All Microsoft 365 tools meet high security and privacy standards to keep schools, students and their data safe.
Microsoft 365 enables secure learning environments with a comprehensive set of security features so VIC DET can set policies, control user access, monitor data, and quickly respond to security issues.
Microsoft 365 is selected as a tool for Victorian schools so we can:
- help every student do their best work, by introducing flexible and personalised learning
- help educators put more time back in their day, and connect more meaningfully with students
- help parents, guardians and families support their children while distance learning and foster the important connection between the school and the home.
- help IT Administrators set up and manage education tools and settings, with the ability to scale to the unique requirements of the school
To find out more information, please visit the Microsoft Education website.
What if I have questions or concerns about my child’s access to Microsoft 365?
If, after reviewing the information you have questions or concerns about your child’s access to Microsoft 365, please contact the college. Should you decide to opt out of this product on behalf of your child, alternative arrangements for undertaking schoolwork will be made.