State School Relief
State Schools’ Relief works closely with governments schools across Victoria. Each year State Schools’ Relief provides assistance to families who are experiencing financial disadvantage.
Year 7 Uniform Pack for will be made available to CSEF recipients.
Every Year 7 Government school student who is a recipient of CSEF automatically qualifies to receive a uniform pack that is provided through State Schools’ Relief. If your child receives CSEF assistance and is in Year 6 transitioning to Year 7, you can ask for a uniform pack to be provided by State Schools’ Relief through the Secondary School your child is enrolled to attend in Year 7.
Parents who have already purchased their child’s uniform for the current Year 7 year and then become a CSEF recipient can still apply for a CSEF Year 7 Uniform Pack.Visit the State School Relief website
Download the State Schools’ Relief 2022 Year 7 CSEF Uniform Package – Information for Families flyer or view the information in translatable format below:
Year 7 CSEF Uniform Package – INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES
Applications will be accepted from Monday 12th July 2021, however applications will not be processed until the beginning of Term 4, 2021.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Who is SSR?
State Schools’ Relief is a not-for-profit organisation that works closely with all state government schools in Victoria. Each year, State Schools’ Relief provides assistance to families experiencing financial disadvantage with school uniforms and footwear.
Introduction to Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund
Through government funding the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) was established to provide payments for eligible students to attend camps, sports days and excursions. To find out more, or to apply for assistance, go to https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/Pages/csef.aspx
State Schools’ Relief provides packages to families eligible to receive this funding.
2022 Year 7 Uniform Package for CSEF recipients
Year 7 students for 2022 that are recipients of the Camps, Sports and Excursion Fund (CSEF) automatically qualify for the uniform package and/or vouchers.
What’s in the package?
The 2022 package contains the following items:
- 1 x Polo Top or Shirt
- 1 x Trousers / Pants or Shorts or Summer Dress
- 1 x Pair of Shoes (Lace Ups or T-Bars or Sneakers)
- PE items are not included as part of this package
- Shoes must be requested in UK sizes. The SSR shoe size conversion chart is available on our website – Resources – State Schools’ Relief (stateschoolsrelief.org.au)
Cost to families
Where State Schools’ Relief cannot supply uniform items directly, you will receive a voucher that subsidises the cost of the uniform items. The voucher can be redeemed at your child’s school uniform shop, or independent uniform retailer, which will be listed on the voucher.
Families receiving vouchers may be required to make a co-contribution payment towards the cost of the uniform items. The amount required to cover the gap will depend on the retail purchase price and the State Schools’ Relief subsidy.
The voucher provided by State Schools’ Relief lists each approved item, and the maximum purchase value, that State Schools’ Relief will cover. Check your school’s uniform price list to work out how much extra you may need to contribute towards the uniform item. Please note: vouchers do have an expiry date and must be redeemed before the expiry date.
How do I apply for the CSEF Uniform Package?
Applications are made through your child’s school. Please refrain from contacting State Schools’ Relief directly as staff are unable to accept applications from parents/families or carers. Should you have any questions, or wish to apply for assistance, please speak with your child’s 2022 school.
How do I receive the uniform package?
- All items and/or vouchers provided by SSR will be delivered directly to your child’s school. The school will then contact you to arrange handover of these items and/or vouchers.
- The voucher will advise whether you collect items from the school uniform shop or a retailer. If it’s a retailer, please check with your school to find out the nearest store.
- If a uniform item costs more than the maximum subsidised amount, State Schools’ Relief is unable to cover any further cost.
- If a uniform item costs less than the maximum subsidised amount, the difference cannot be redeemed or transferred to an alternate uniform item.
Please note: vouchers are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash; they cannot be used to purchase extra items and only the uniform item listed can be purchased with the voucher. State Schools’ Relief does not make cash payments to schools or parents.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Year 7 students for 2022 that qualify for CSEF are automatically entitled to a uniform pack.
- Each student is eligible for only one CSEF uniform pack.
- All vouchers have an expiry date, which is included on the voucher. Vouchers must be redeemed within the time frame specified.
- If uniform items cost less than the stated subsidised amount on the voucher, any unused subsidy cannot:- be transferred to a different uniform item- be used to purchase an extra item; or- provided as cash to the school or the parent.
What you need to do?
Your child’s school will be in contact with you to order the 2022 uniform package.