Attendance is seen as a critical factor in the successful fostering of the college values of being Respectful, Responsible and Safe.
It is through these values that students will maximise their educational opportunities at this College. Students at Cranbourne Secondary College are expected to attend school, on time, every day that the school program is running, subject to genuine illness or injury.
Students who have been absent are required to provide a note to the office explaining the reason for their absence as the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development requires the College to retain attendance records for a number of years.
The College follows a strict attendance guideline:
Year 7 and 8 students who ARRIVE LATE to school
- Students are expected to provide a note to the timetabled teacher with a reason for the lateness
- Parents may contact the College Hotline on 5990 8134 (24 Hours) to alert the Attendance Officer of a child’s lateness.
Year 7 and 8 students LEAVING EARLY from school
- Students are expected to provide the Year Level Coordinator or Pastoral Care Teacher with a note from a parent explaining the reason for leaving the College early.
- The student notifies their timetabled teacher and proceeds to the General Office.
- Parents/Guardians must sign the Early Dismissal Register at the General Office prior to a student leaving the College.
Students who have are ABSENT for a day or longer from school
- Parents may log into Compass and approve their child’s absence
- Parents may contact the College Hotline on (03) 5990 8134 (24 Hours) to alert the Attendance Officer of a child’s absence
- For students who may be away for more than three days, parents/guardian will need to provide a medical certificate to indicate the absence from the College
- Parents/Guardians need to contact the Pastoral Care teacher to arrange for work to be sent home to ensure that the student does not fall too far behind upon arrival back at the College
- Parents/ Guardians who plan to take holidays during the term are expected to contact the Pastoral Care teacher in writing to indicate the absence dates and collect work for the student to complete.
Students with less than 90% attendance are at risk of not being promoted to the next year level. Special consideration will be given to students whose attendance falls below this expectation resulting from bereavement, illness or injury supported by a medical certificate.
Reminder, contact the College Hotline on 5990 8134 (24 Hours) to alert the Attendance Officer of a child’s lateness or absence.