Delivering a high-performance basketball program that guarantees players are challenged daily.
In partnership with Casey Basketball, the Cranbourne Secondary College Basketball Academy will offer an elite team of coaches and strength conditioning experts who bring a passionate commitment to developing students’ basketball skills in a fun and challenging learning environment.
This program allows young student-athletes to enhance and develop their sporting talent while at the same time receiving their secondary education at Cranbourne Secondary College.
The program aims to improve the performance of every student basketball athlete and is available to all male and female basketball players who wish to further develop their individual game. The College has developed a strong partnership with Casey Basketball and Infinite Fitness Peninsula, and they will work closely with the students.
The focus each week is on fundamental skill acquisition and students progress through our unique format to integrate these skills into game knowledge incorporating strategic and tactical training. Weekly match practice provides the opportunity to further hone skills.
On Court Training:
- Skill acquisition including ball handling, shooting technique and consistency, finishing at the basket and one-on-one moves.
- Positional specific skills and fitness training
- Tactical and strategic training aimed at developing a player’s understanding of team offensive and defensive concepts.
Strength and Conditioning:
Each student will be provided with an individualised strength and conditioning program that focuses on developing a player’s fitness, strength, power, speed, and agility, specifically for the sport of basketball.
- Admission to the program is not automatic – Select Entry of students will follow an application process
- A passion for Basketball
- Involvement in the game – Playing/Umpiring
- Show initiative and a positive attitude
- Commitment to the college values
- Excellent behaviour record and respect for college rules
- Commitment to studies across all subjects
- Willingness to develop leadership skills and community involvement
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from students entering year 7 in 2024. If you would like to tryout for this exciting program please submit your details below.
Year 7 Basketball Academy 2024
Expression of Interest for the Cranbourne Secondary College Year 7 2024 Basketball Academy.