Academic Excellence Program
At Cranbourne Secondary College, we recognise that students demonstrating a strong academic potential learn better when they are surrounded by like-minded peers. Such students need to be given regular opportunities to go beyond surface level knowledge and develop their critical thinking, problem solving and creative skills. Our Academic Excellence Program offers engaged learners a more challenging and diverse curriculum designed to enhance these skills.
To be the school of choice in the local area for those students demonstrating a strong academic potential.
Purpose of the program
- To offer a challenging academic program for students in order to extend their learning.
- To provide more focus on deep learning. This includes providing work that targets the students’ critical and creative thinking skills, their problem solving skills and their inquiry skills.
- To build a learning culture wherein like-minded students learn from and challenge each other.
Application process for students commencing 2020
- Parents wishing to apply for the program on behalf of their child must register to sit an entrance test. A payment of $50 is required to sit the test. Register via EduTest.
- Attend the Edutest of Friday 3rd May from 9:00am – 12:15pm.
- The College will review the test results and applicants will be either shortlisted for an interview, or contacted in writing if unsuccessful.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview at the College with a member of the principal team and the Academic Excellence Coordinator. Students will be required to bring their latest school report, along with any other material that may enhance their application for the program. Please note that a parent/guardian must be present at the interview. The interviews will be held between Wednesday 15th May and Wednesday 22nd May, 2019.
Key Dates in 2019
- Cranbourne Secondary College Open Night – Tuesday 30th April, 7:00pm
- Academic Excellence Program Registration closes – Monday 29th April, 5:00pm
- Academic Excellence Program Entrance Exams – Friday 3rd May, 9:00am
- School Interview (for shortlisted applicants) – Wednesday 15th May – Wednesday 22nd May