Academic Excellence Program 2022
At Cranbourne Secondary College, we recognise that students demonstrating a strong academic potential learn better when they are surrounded by like-minded peers. Such students need to be given regular opportunities to go beyond surface level knowledge and develop their critical thinking, problem solving and creative skills. Our Academic Excellence Program offers engaged learners a more challenging and diverse curriculum designed to enhance these skills.
To be the school of choice in the local area for those students demonstrating a strong academic potential.
Purpose of the program
- To offer a challenging academic program for students in order to extend their learning
- To provide more focus on deep learning. This includes providing work that targets the students’ critical and creative thinking skills, their problem solving skills and their inquiry skills
- To build a learning culture wherein like-minded students learn from and challenge each other
Application process for students
- Parents wishing to apply for the program on behalf of their child must register to sit an entrance exam. A payment of $50 is required to sit the test
- Students sit the entrance exam
- The College will review the exam results and applicants will be either shortlisted for an interview, or contacted in writing if unsuccessful
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview at the College with the Academic Excellence Coordinator. Students will be required to bring their latest school report and Grade 5 NAPLAN results, along with any other material that may enhance their application for the program. Please note that a parent/guardian must be present at the interview
- Friday 26 March 2021 – Online registrations for the Academic Excellence Program (open)
- Monday 24 May 2021 – Online registrations for the Academic Excellence Program (close)
- Friday 28 May 2021 – Entrance Exam for the Academic Excellence Program
- Wed 9 June – Wed 16 June – Interviews conducted for shortlisted applicants