Cranbourne Secondary College now has an AFL SportsReady traineeship available for people looking to kick-start a career in Sport & Rec. The position is based at the College and expression of interest is now open for commencement in early 2024.
What’s On Offer?
- Work on-site with Cranbourne Secondary College
- Supportive team environment
- As an AFL SportsReady trainee, you will work on-site, earning an income while gaining valuable workplace experience
- You will study for a fully nationally accredited qualification
- You will be supported by a dedicated AFL SportsReady Educator and Field Officer to help you achieve your goals
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with planning and preparation of school sporting events and camps.
- Assisting teachers in organising resources for Health, PE and Outdoor Education lessons.
- Be able to plan and run a variety of sports and recreation activities that cater for the diversity and interests of students
- Participate in excursions (both day excursions and overnight) and camps at all year levels, with the responsibility to assist with the supervision of participants.
- Assist classroom teachers in classes where required.
- Preparation of excursion forms and documentation.
- Manage equipment, permission forms and booking facilities.
- Complete stocktake of the PE & Sport Storerooms, liaise and complete purchase orders for required equipment.
- To follow the direction of your supervisor, Head of Department, Sports Coordinator and members of the HPE learning team.
- Demonstrate duty of care to students in relation to their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Attend relevant school-organised activities, meetings, sporting events and professional learning opportunities (as required).
- Commit to ongoing professional development.
- Be familiar with and comply with the school’s child-safe policy and code of conduct, and any other policies and procedures relating to child safety
- Contribute to a healthy and safe work environment for yourself and others, as well as comply with all safe work policies and procedure
- Communication with key stakeholders within the school community (Principal, leadership team, staff, students, parents/guardians, visitors to the school, community groups and external support services).
Job Requirements for this role
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem-solve, good time management, organisational, and communication skills
- Willingness to commit to a 12-month traineeship and attend regular training sessions with your educator
- Obtain a Working With Children’s Check.
- National Training wage award plus 10.5% superannuation
- A fully funded qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
Applications for this position have now closed.