Cranbourne Secondary College has committed to 21st century learning by undertaking the one-to-one Netbook program for all students.
This allows students access to learning in the classroom and at home through our Compass Portal and through the use of the DET Edustar package. A computer levy paid by parents/care givers at the start of the year allows student access to an extensive range of software programs and learning activities in each subject area, and ICT infrastructure including technical support.
The cost of the laptops are offset by the fact that there are fewer textbooks to be purchased each year.
Netbooks and insurance can be paid on a payment plans as arranged through the General Office. We are keen to work with parents in any way possible to ensure that students have a laptop in class. Numerous educational software packages are included in the cost.
The benefits to the students and parents/caregivers:
- Students are inspired and engage with today’s tools and experts
- Students strive for excellence through personalised learning programs fully using the use if Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Access to Compass 24/7
- Access to our school server and programs 24 hours a day
The aim of this program is to give students full control and responsibility of their netbook/notebook. Students will have the responsibility to look after their device and to ensure that they keep their data saved on the network and details secure.
Acer Travelmate B118 – 11.6″ Touch
- Intel Pentium
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Pro Academy 3 Year Onsite Warranty
- Active Stylus
- Crush Proof Bag
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program – Year 10 & 11 ONLY
Cranbourne Secondary College commenced a BYOD Program in 2018.This program ensures every student has ‘anywhere, anytime’ access to cutting edge learning resources. It will also allow teachers to engage students in quality e-learning activities in class, and ensure they are prepared to enter a technology-rich world. Additionally, with the combination of DET’s eduPass solution and Microsoft Office 365 initiative, students will have free access to a catalogue of software to download and install on their personal machines.
SUMMARY – WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Have a “device” that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements
- Prepare the device for use at school.
- Ensure your son/daughter brings the device to school fully charged every day, and follows the BYOD Usage Agreement.
Below are the minimum device specifications that MUST be met if you intend to bring your own device for classroom usage:
- Windows 10 only
- Screen size at least 9.7 inches.
(Mobile phones and smaller tablets are unsuitable for productive usage in the classroom environment due to their limitations in screen size and functionality)
- Battery life of at least 5 hours
- Protective cover or carry case
Device Connection Overview
- Connect you device wifi with the temporary edupass credentials.
- Activate the edupass account permanently.
- Add go.cranbournesc.vic.edu.au/students to your browser bookmarks.
(Just do steps two and three if you are going to use your Year 9 netbook and it hasn’t been re-imaged back to factory settings yet.)
Connecting personal devices to the eduSTAR wireless network
Our BYOD Supplier
To assist parents in the purchase of a device, Cranbourne Secondary College has entered into a partnership with LWT who will provide an online portal from which you can select the computer that you wish to buy. You will be required to pay for the computer (+ any additional accessories) at the time of purchase.
The college BYOD portal is available at the following site: